“What is striking about biking is not that it solves any particular problem but, instead, that it is part of the solution to several.” —

J. Harry Wray

Thursday, 10 July 2008

I've Been Tagged

Nothing to do with British cycling but:
Dave of "Dave Moulton's Bike Blog" has tagged me in "Six Random Things About Me", the game of talking about yourself until everyone in your blogging audience goes and finds something interesting to read elsewhere.

Apparently the rules of the game are:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

My Six Random Things:

1. I was born the same year the NHS was created (and currently in much the same state, that is: underfunded and on the brink of collapse).
2. I was born 2 months before the NHS was formed, so it cost my parents 10 guineas (ten pounds and ten shillings, or £10.50 in modern money) in doctor's fees, which was about 2 weeks income for my dad.
3. My initials are... NHS. Dammit.
4. My wife owns a didgereedoo and a unicycle.
5. I once gave the then Chancellor of the Exchequer, Denis Healey, a lift in my car. He was stranded on the A22 near Eastbourne late one night after his car hit the kerb and blew two tyres. He flagged me down and I drove him to Uckfield Police station to get help. His driver/bodyguard had only one leg.
6. I raced stock cars for four years in the 1970's. It was done with almost no money and even less talent, but I learned a lot. My day job at the time was driving instructor.


I now tag:
Cycledad
Town Mouse
Copenhagenize
Amsterdamize
Cycling in 4x4 Country
Car Free Days

3 comments:

disgruntled said...

Right, 'tis done

gwadzilla said...

bloggers are a weird sort...

WestfieldWanderers said...

Indeed, gwadzilla.

We really ought to get out more...